Peppermint Oil has many benefits, more than I could put in one post, it is one of my favorite essentials oils because it is so versatile. I use it as a perk me up. When I need to be alert or when I have a headache, I simply inhale peppermint oil for relief.
Peppermint is one of the oldest herbs used for medicinal purposes, it is probably the most well-known and widely used as a digestive aid. It is a hybrid of two herb spices, spearmint and water mint and dates back as far as 1000 BC. Peppermint Oil has a cooling and calming effect on the body, and when applied topically, it can help relieve sore muscles.
- Clears a stuffy nose. Peppermint Oil can open your airways and act as a decongestant.
- Freshens breath. It eliminates bad breath, and helps teeth and gums fight off germs. Peppermint is often used in mouthwash and toothpaste. You can use a drop of peppermint in water for a refreshing mouth rinse.
- Sooths stomach aches. Peppermint is helpful as a digestive aide. Put a few drops of peppermint oil in a glass of water and drink it after their meal for its beneficial digestive properties.
- Improves mental focus. Due to it’s refreshing nature, peppermint oil is a wonderful way to activate your senses leaving you with an energized awake feeling.
- Relieves headaches and nausea. Inhaling peppermint oil can relieve headaches, and can cut the effects of nausea because of its relaxing and soothing effects. Its anti-inflammatory properties are one of the reasons why it is so successful at relieving headache symptoms.
- Natural bug repellant. Household bugs do not like peppermint oil, just add some oil to water in a spray bottle and spray around doors, corners, and anywhere you think they might crawl. It’s safe and has no chemicals.
- Reduce hunger cravings. Peppermint oil can ward off cravings, and help you feel full faster by taking a couple of deep sniffs from the bottle.
Although Peppermint Oil has many benefits it is important to keep in mind that too much of it can cause heartburn, headaches and allergic reactions. Some prescription medications and over-the-counter medications may adversely interact with peppermint oil, so always check with your physician before taking or using any essential oils.
As you just read, Peppermint is an incredible oil that’s good for so many things! I’ve used peppermint to freshen my breath, for alertness, as a headache relief, and to freshen the house.
Order your Peppermint Oil at www.livingwrksofficial.com or www.myyl.com/blivingston
*These statements have not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.