While we are living this thing called ‘Life” there are days that are more challenging than others. It is during those times that our level of stress increases. Stress can come in many forms, from standing in the line at the grocery store to major life changes. Since we cannot escape stress totally, there are some things we can do to reduce and find some relief. Essential oils are great and one of the safer ways to deal with stress.
7 Essential Oils for Stress
Below is a list of my 7 favorite stress relief oils. You can diffuse them, apply them under the souls of your feet, use them in a detox bath, drop a couple of drops in the shower, or mix them with a massage oil. It is always best dilute an oil before applying it to your skin with a carrier oil like sweet almond, grape seed, or jojoba oils. It may take some time to figure out which oil your body responds to.
1. Rose is the queen of all oils, and is the most valuable oil you will find. It has a rich sweet aroma that can uplift your mood, relax your mind, and be found in many skin care products.
2. Lavender has many benefits. Lavender has relaxing/ calming properties, and when diffused it adds a clean/ fresh sent to a room. It also offers pain relief, especially for burns.
3. Frankincense has an rich earthy aroma that is good for grounding and spiritual practices. It can create a comfortable environment for meditation and prayer.
4. Lemon has a bright/joyful aroma, and is both stimulating and refreshing. It can be used for so many things around the house. It eliminates orders when diffused. When washing fruits and vegetables place a couple of drops in the water to kill bacteria.
5. Geranium oil has many benefits beside reducing stress. This oil helps balance hormones, reduce inflammation, and can help with menopausal symptoms.
6. Bergamot has a light citrus aroma that is uplifting and relaxing. When blended with lavender, it can help reduce anxiety, stress, and depression.
7. Ylang Ylang has a sweet floral scent that is calming and relaxing. This oil is good for depression, anxiety, and stress.
It is important for you to know that not all oils are the same, some that say “natural” or “pure” are NOT. You want to look for a therapeutic grade essential oil, and check to see how the company produces their oils.
I’ve used Young Living Essential Oils for 15 years, and have never had a problem.
To get any of the therapeutic grade essential oils listed above CLICK HERE.
If you already use essential oils, what’s your favorite?